Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Brocoli Soup
Slow cooker recipes in the fall.... Only the best thing EVER!!!!
I love having that hot meal from the crock-pot on a cool day in the fall. This is why I love this Broccoli Soup recipe!! First off, if you don't like broccoli cheddar soup, I don't know what you are doing wrong with your life... (just kidding ;-))
But really.... this recipe is a FAMILY FAVORITE!!! And my girls are so excited that its getting a little bit cooler outside because they know that I will be making it soon!!! Not only does this taste DELICIOUS, but it also makes the house smell AMAZING the whole day that it is cooking in the crock pot!!! - another perk of those slow cook meals in the fall ;-)
So here is the yummy recipe that I highly encourage cooking for your family this fall:
Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 3/4 lb. peeled baby potatoes, cut into1/4" cubes
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- Sour cream, for serving
- Combine chicken breasts, chicken broth, potatoes, broccoli and onion in the bowl of a Crock-Pot. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from Crock-Pot and transfer to a large bowl. Using two forks, shred into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and cream. Pour mixture into Crock-Pot and stir to combine. Return chicken to Crock-Pot and add cheddar and Parmesan. Turn heat to high, cover and cook for 30 minutes more, or until the cheese has melted and the soup has thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately. Garnish with sour cream and more cheese.
Time: 30 minutes prep
Total Time: 7 hours
Hope you enjoy this warm treat on a nice cool day :-)